Thursday, July 9, 2009

C++/DirectX vs C#/XNA for game dev.?

PLEASE ONLY ANSWER IF YOU HAVE EXPERIANCE WITH BOTH C++/DX and C#/XNA! (I don’t want answer from people who like one over the other and have only used the one they like)





Hello, I'm a computer science student with one more year of college left (give or take) and I've decided to learn game development on my own since Computer science really doesn’t teach you anything about game dev.





I'm just getting started with game programming, still learning the basic concepts of how you set up a game engine. Would it be better for me to start with C++/DX or C#/XNA?





I know C++/DX is more detailed and advanced, and obviously if I learned that then XNA would be easy... However I'm on a one year time limit and would like to learn it ASAP.





If I learn XNA, would learning C++/DirectX become much easier?





I'm not *extremely* advanced in ether C++ or C#, but I know them both pretty well.

C++/DirectX vs C#/XNA for game dev.?
XNA is a symbiosis of several interfaces including DirectX but it is designed for the C# platform.


As a conlusion learning XNA includes learning DirectX and it is a kind platform independent (Target Windows and Xbox 360).





So my opinion is to go for the C#/XNA way. As side effect you improve your knowledge in C# which is the main language for developing Windows .NET applications.





Good luck


M.

love song

No comments:

Post a Comment