Sunday, July 12, 2009

AS/400 and C++ :::for video game developement which is best?

I am getting to go to school for developing video games. I have heard a great deal about C++, but not much about AS/400. I have read all about it AS/400 in Wikopedia. When I did a search for video game development employment, I read that many are asking for this language. Can someone tell me if I had to learn only one which one should I learn and why? If I could learn both, which one should I base my emphasis in? I did notice that they are different in structure and syntax so learning one will not benefit the other too much other than in concept of ideas.





Thanks

AS/400 and C++ :::for video game developement which is best?
While C is native on the AS/400, this is not a gaming system but rather a business batch job processing and DBMS system primarily used for medium to large scale data storage and manipulation like data warehousing and ERP applications.





It is good to learn how to logically think so you can apply logic to any programming language. Once you are able to break a large problem down into smaller pieces, you are well on your way to being a programmer. Remember, LOGIC will NEVER change, only the syntax will.......





If you are looking for game programming, the AS/400 is not where you should be looking.
Reply:The AS/400 is an IBM midrange computer (a small step down from a mainframe). It is not a complier. They are probably referring to C++ on an AS/400.


No comments:

Post a Comment